Saturday, February 13, 2010

Siege #2

This issue was fine. Faint praise I know, but I could not really get overly excited about this one. I am not a big fan of the longer, nothing really happens way of storytelling that is popular in comics these days. At the end of issue #1 we saw Captain America looking angry, and now, at the end of issue #2, we get to see the reflection of his shield in the Iron Patriot's visor. This didn't need an entire issue's worth of build. Spoilers next (scroll down).










I also was not happy with the overly gross death of Ares. The Sentry rips him apart and we see a gush of blood, guts, and pieces of spine. I am not against violence in comics but this seems a bit much for a standard superhero tale. The book is rated T+ in Marvel's fake rating system, but, again, I am not sure that graphic depictions of violence is something that a 13 year old should be reading.

I'll pick up issues #3 and #4 with the hope that this potentially awesome, yet currently boring, storyline will come to a great finish.

No comments: