Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heavy Rain Demo

The Heavy Rain demo is now available for download on the PSN, and recently I got a chance to check it out. The graphics and music are amazing; they really fit murder-mystery storyline. I was less impressed with the controls; walking is clunky and I don't really need to control basic, mundane movements. For example, when you want to get out of your car or open a door you press down on the right analog stick. Ooooo, exciting. I don't know about the rest of you, but I like my video games to be about things I can't do in real life: jump on goombas, fight zombies, or quest for magical items. I don't need the realism of opening a door in my video games.

The storyline is intriguing and you do want to know the identity of the origami killer, but the controls will keep me away from this one at launch. I will eventually check the game out, but probably once it goes down to $30.

No comments: