Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fan Expo Recap - Collection Update

I got a chance to check out Fan Expo this past weekend and came away with some great finds. Firstly, I picked up the great Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale trade Haunted Knights. This collects their three Halloween specials from 93-95 that were precursors to the epics Long Halloween and Dark Victory.

Secondly, I got a great deal on the Rebirth of Thanos trade, which collects pre-Infinity Gauntlet Silver Surfer issues and really is a must have for any IG fan.

I also grabbed an old issue of Famous Monsters of Filmland from the folks at Big B Comics. This particular issue had a huge 20 page article on stop motion master Ray Harryhausen.



Finally, I purchased a fabulous print from Toronto area artist Michael Cho. His vision of Darkseid perfectly captures the character, but the kicker for me was his inspiration for the layout came from his childhood memories of the steel mills in Hamilton, Ontario. You can check out more of his work here.

No comments: